changelog format

Argh.

2.6.12-6's changelog is awful; there are multiple types of styles in there.
Can we *please* have some consistency in the changelog entries?  The format
that we've used for ages has been:

  * <description> (<author>) (closes: <bug#>)

If the fix is a security or arch-specific fix, it's been:
  * [<arch>] <description> (<author>) (closes: #<bug#>)

Sometimes we include patches:
  * <patch1>, <patch2>
    <desc> (<author>)

And for large changes:
  * <desc>
    o <subdesc1>
    o <subdesc2> [<CVE entry>]

..and so on.  Now we've decided to throw in:
  [<author>]
  * <desc>
    (closes: #<bug#>) (<authors>)
Why are we listing authors twice?  And why doesn't anyone else think
that looks absolutely horrid (putting the author first), emphasizing
who did the change, rather than the change itself.

And:
  [ <author> ]
  * [<arch>]
    - <desc1>
    - <desc2>

While I think the above is ugly, I would be happy w/ *consistency* if
we decide on that.  I'm going to propose the following for changelog
entries.  Whatever we decide on, can we please attempt to stick to
the same style?

For packaging related changes:

  * <desc> (closes: #<bug#)
    (<author>)

My reasoning for the above: bug closings are closely related to the
description, so they should be next to each other.

For patch related changes:
  * <patchname>:
    <desc> (closes: #<bug#>)
    (<author>)