Re: prepare 2.6.13

> From: Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>

> > > BTW, isn't it time to switch to initramfs ?
> > Does it work?

> Supposedly, best time now to find out, don't you think ?

I saw that ubuntu use "initramfs-tools" and in debian we have "yaird" that I
personally use since it hit sid to boot from lvm on a md array.

The superficial differences between the two tools are that initramfs checks
for hardware at boot time and yaird at run time, so initramfs-tools promits
to change the underlying hardware and boot equally well.

Look at the bts if you want to try yaird, if you have to boot using mdadm, it
needs a little patch to work with sid tools.
--
ESC:wq