Re: SVN layout

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 05:53:41PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > Depends on what you mean with "developed". We saw that it is not
> > possible to get regular testbuilds of the repository version and I broke
> > 3 uploads because of this. If we want to be able to regulary push
> > working versions into testing, we can't just push unchecked changes into
> > this tree. This means that the sid tree can't be the development tree.
> The packaging is new, so of course there are going to be problems,
> hopefully that will stabalise over the next few weeks.

Thats not only the packaging. In future most of the updates are config
and upstream related. Config updates forced by new upstream version or
other things needs testing on every architecture until they can reach
the package.

> A linux-2.6 tree that is targeted for sid, where we make cautious
> changes and a linux-2.6-experimental tree we we work on somethig greener
> that is targeted for sid in the future, would seem to resolve this
> problem, So would as putting stuff in branch/

No, it does not.

> > >    b) Everything must come off trunk.
> > What do you want to say?
> I would like to say that trunk is a drirectory, and that all
> directores in svn are created equal.

Subversion is a versioned filesystem and it is up to the user to
organize it.

Bastian

--
Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!