Re: removing /etc/hotplug.d/ support

Steve Langasek writes...

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:39:13PM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:
> > > There are some architectures where 2.4 has been abandonded uptream,
> > > and these are being removed from the arcive
> > >   powerpc  (ok, thats one, not some)
>
> > hppa is as well. It is still useful to have the 2.4 kernel-images in the=
> =20
> > archive since they are still more stable on some machines.
>
> Is it?  There were no hppa 2.4 kernels included in sarge, because we
> were told by Thibaut that the upstream branch was rotting and not worth
> including.

Ah I didn't realize that. I think the people with 2.4 still installed can just
keep their old 2.4 kernels or get them from snapshot or something.

> Is there really a reason to think it will be in *better*
> shape for etch?

Yeah it won't. And any potential benefit of stability would be way more than
cancelled out by the fact that it would be impossible to support security
updates on them.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org