Re: SVN layout

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 10:46:43AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> They could be releases/sid/linux-nonfree-2.6 and
> releases/sid/arch/mips/linux-patch-2.6.12-mips ?

What do you want to do with the contents of utils? We currently
differentiate between kernel themself, documentation and support utils.

> > Depends on what you mean with "developed". We saw that it is not
> > possible to get regular testbuilds of the repository version and I broke
> > 3 uploads because of this. If we want to be able to regulary push
> > working versions into testing, we can't just push unchecked changes into
> > this tree. This means that the sid tree can't be the development tree.
> Well, but we still need the sid tree fairly available to make bug fixes and
> such, but yes, it definitively makes sense to have both a sid and an
> experimental tree.

Most of the changes can go to the development tree first and merged back
from them. (Take a look at the subversion project, you'll get killed if
you commit directly to a release branch if you do that without explicit
approval.)

>                    Maybe we could even do daily-builds out of the experimental
> tree or something ?

This will help. But we should begin to disable arches where we don't
have a possitive result. arm currently don't have any developer machine
for example.

Bastian

--
Deflector shields just came on, Captain.