Re: Moving forward with the 2.4.27 and 2.6.8 kernels

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:31:22PM +0900, Horms wrote:

> On the topic of Sid, I think we need to keep 2.4.27 there for now.
> I've been told that the s390 installer works it, and its needed
> for some m68k flavours (mac users who want a working keyboard IRRC).

Mac users who want a working keyboard have to use 2.2.25, there is no
working 2.4.x kernel for Mac, where as 2.6.12 boots, works, but does not
allow you to use keyboard or mouse.

2.4.27 is needed on m68k for all but Amiga it seems, since Amiga is the only
flavour that works with 2.6, afaik. I have reports, that MVME167 and Atari
do not work, I would not wonder if the other VME flavours have difficulties,
too. No reports so far for Q40, Sun3, or HP, but if the other flavours were
fixed, I wouldn't mind ignoring the unknown flavours.

Christian