Re: linux-2.6_2.6.12-3_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:32:50PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:14:30PM -0700, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Broken
>
> Does anyone in the kernel team know whats up here?

Yep, -3 did not set the --subarch option to make-kpkg, and as a result
make-kpkg did auto-detect the subarch used (namely ppc64 chrp), and didn't use
the powerpc or powerpc64 subarches which are supposed to be used for official
kernels.

We need an upload of -4 asap to fix that, or we need the packaging
infrastructure to be fixed to support -3.1 (or whatever it was) and
binary-only uploads, which then don't get rebuilt on every arch.

We would need that anyway, i think, in order to spare the autobuilders some
load, but i am not entirely sure how this works.