Re: Processed: Re: sovled

reassign 310415  kernel
thanks

Hi,

        These files are generated by depmod, and thus, shall change
 every time the user (or a third party module) runs depmod. Not
 running depmod early has its own problems, and there is a reason we
 ship these files in the image.

        So, when we call dh_md5sum (as I believe happens in various
 places in linux-2.6's debian/rules, including
 debian/templates/postinstall.in), care must be taken to exclude these
 files.

        make-kpkg never calls dh_md5sum, or equivalent, so this is not
 where the fix must be applied. Sending to the appropriate package.

        manoj
--
Many a bum show has been saved by the flag. George M. Cohan