linux-2.6 - subarch and patches

Hi folks

linux-2.6 currently "supports" something called subarch. It should be
used for incompatible patches. This is needed for m68k and I think mips.

Problems with this
- mostly unimplemented,
- namingschema differs from anything else: linux-image-$subarch-2.6-$flavour.

Proposal:
Replace with patch definitions.

- Each arch may specify an architectury specific patch, each image
  package may specify another patch, it may shared between more than one
  image.
- Generated packages:
  - Patches:
    - linux-patch-debian-$version (the same than now)
    - linux-patch-debian-$version-$arch
    - linux-patch-debian-$version-$arch-$name
  - Header:
    Any of the package contains the same, just with the patches applied.
    If we have want to code something more, we may produce packages
    which just links most of the files to the more generic version.
    - linux-headers-$version-$abiname (as known)
    - linux-headers-$version-$abiname-$arch
    - linux-headers-$version-$abiname-$arch-$name
- linux-header-$version-$abiname-$flavour depends against the main
  header package which the correct patches.

Bastian

--
A Vulcan can no sooner be disloyal than he can exist without breathing.
		-- Kirk, "The Menagerie", stardate 3012.4