linux-kernel-di udebs [Was: Re: 2.6.12 upload]

Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 04:49:01PM +0900, Horms wrote:
>> I tend to aggree, though I believe Franz Pop, or perhaps some of the
>> other d-i team members have reason for keeping these images separate.
>> Perhaps they could reiterate them here.
>
> Mostly two reasons:
> - Changes in the d-i packages don't trigger a complete rebuild.
> - There are more then 200 different binary packages.
>
> Bastian

At the start changes have been common and modules have been added or
removed or packages been split or joined.

But hasn't that settled down now? Aren't the linux-kernel-di udebs
consistent enough to be handled by kernel-source uploads?

I've CCed debian-boot to get a broader opinion.

MfG
        Goswin