Re: Building external 2.6 modules, a.k.a. bug #283455

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Horms wrote:

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 07:50:52PM +0200, Joachim Nilsson wrote:

Hi,

perhaps it's time now to rethink the kernel-kbuild-2.6 package.
I* vote for including the scripts into the kernel-headers package,
like in 2.4.

I am in favour of that too. I haven't taken time to check what
the situation is for the revamped packaging that should be used
as of 2.6.12.

Few people expressed the desire to kill the kernel-kbuild package. In the new packaging setup the scripts subdirectory is going to be shipped as part of the headers deb, so it never gets out of sync.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org