Re: kernel updates accepted for sarge

Hi,

please respect reply-to: - thanks.

On Sunday 29 May 2005 06:57, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Thanks to some fancy last-minute archive work by James Troup, we now have a
> solution that lets us get security-fixed kernels into sarge r0 (instead of
> just into security.d.o) without running into GPL problems with
> debian-installer.

Great, thanks!

(But) AFAIUI, fai-kernels also has to be rebuild now. (It's i386 only at the
moment.)

This means it needs a new upload, as the build depends in the control file has
to be changed from kernel-tree-2.6.8-15 and kernel-tree-2.4.27-8 to -16 and
-10.

Or do I misunderstand something ?

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: btw, in case you dont allready know: improvements for this situation are
planned for etch.