Re: Kernel Security Updates for Sarge

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:57:53AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 18:33 +0900, Horms wrote:
> > In the case of the ia64-ptrace fix,
> >   I am not sure if this code is needed by subsequent security fixes
> >   or not.
>
> I needed that to form a baseline to backport the fix for CAN-2005-0136.
> The previous baseline had incompatible changes in ivt.S.  I'm not sure
> how trivial/validatable it would be to code a fix without this common
> baseline.  If that's something we want to do, I can look into it - but
> I'd be more comfortable using this code since it has received testing
> upstream.

As far as I am concerned, if a security fix depends on it,
then it can be considered as part of that security fix,
and thus is appropriate for inclusion in a security update.

> > Watch this space.
>
> Many thanks for getting this going Horms!

It seems that there might be a small symbol (ABI) problem in
the 2.4.27 source packages I put on my site yesterday. I will look
into this shortly.

--
Horms