Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.

On Apr 04, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > > What if we don't want to do so?  I know I personally posted a solution
> > Then probably the extremists in Debian will manage to kill your driver,
> > like they did with tg3 and others.
> Nope, they were simply moved to non-free, as it should. I believe the package
Thank you for clarifying that they have been removed from Debian indeed.

> is waiting for NEW processing, but i also believe that the dubious copyright
> assignement will not allow the ftp-masters to let it pass into the archive,
> since it *IS* a GPL violation, and thus i am doing this in order to solve that
> problem.
Sure, and I suppose that the SuSE and Red Hat lawyers who are allowing
them to distribute this "violation" are all morons, right?

--
ciao,
Marco