Re: Dark screen when booting debian-kernel 2.6.11 - solved

Hi Laszlo

You were right with the tip concerning "vga=..." in lilo.conf and
disabling frame buffer support.
I played around with different console settings and the only config
that works correctly is:
CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA=y
# CONFIG_FB is not set

Now I can see the boot messages. OK, about 30 lines on a 18-inch screen
are not really great and I miss the penguins, but it's better than to see nothing at all.

The last question is: where does this change between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 come from? Is it bcause of my ATI Radeon card or has PCI express support changed or something else?

Thanks a lot and Regards
Hubert