Re: kernel security upgrades

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [050327 20:35]:
> Or, the generic solution would be to update update the udeb now in a way
> that it always downloads an appropriate meta-package (yes, that would be
> quite many meta-packages), so that we can can update the kernel and just
> update the meta package, and get the right mapping?

If I understood the comments in base-installer/kernel/README correct,
only the architectures with shell scripts that use KERNEL_ABI have this
problem? If this is true, we only have it on hppa and s390, and in this
case, I think we should be able to fix that pretty fast.

That would allow us to update the kernel debs without breaking any
installer, if we still provide all udebs.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/