2.6.11 status ...

Hello,

As some may have noticed, we have been working on the 2.6.11 kernel-source
package and powerpc/sparc/mips kernel-images.

The remaining patches of 2.6.10 which did not yet get integrated or dropped
are :

  # + x86-i486_emu.dpatch                         # OK, needs rediff

  # + modular-ide.dpatch                          # FAILED
  # + remove-references-to-removed-drivers.dpatch # FAILED
  # + ia64-generic-no-smp.dpatch                  # FAILED
  # + ia64-generic-no-smp-1-to-2.dpatch           # FAILED
  # + drivers-ide-__devinit.dpatch                # FAILED

which we can group in basically the followingones :

  1) ia64 patch set, seems to be fixed differently upstream, or a new patch needs
  to be done. It would be nice if a ia64 porter or the one responsible for the
  patches in question could have a look and fix that.

  2) modular-ide needs reworking, seems d-i needs this.
  3) drivers-ide-__devinit.dpatch seems to be still needed and needs porting.

  4) x86-i486_emu.dpatch - no idea about this one, guess it is a
  debian-specific issue, and thus would need rediffing, but someone familiar
  with that code should look it over first.

  5) remove-references-to-removed-drivers needs checking, and maybe the whole
  non-free pruning stuff needs recheckind, not sure. Maybe we should just move
  the whole kernel to non-free and be gone with this, or simply package all
  drivers with non-free firmware in non-free as fs has started doing already.

Once that is done, we can already do a first upload, but since NEW is
unofficially frozen, we should maybe upload it to some other place too.