Re: please remove old kernel-source packages

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 11:23:59AM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:48:30AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Yes, I mentioned  this to AJ as well.
> >
> > Yep, but not mentioned here.
>
> But they are now because you have now mentioned them below.
> The reason I CCed a bunch of people on my post last week
> was to get them to add the relevant bits that are missing.

Yep, which is why i mentioned them :)

> > > Could you please log which kernels you have pending in new
> > > against this bug so he can see it when I prod him next?
> >
> > kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.10, versions 2.6.10-1, 2.6.10-2, and 2.6.10-3.
>
> Presumably only 2.6.10-3 shold go into d.o, right?

Yes, but the ftp-masters know how to handle this right, and will accept all
three, and the two first will just vanish.

> > The other issue will be my new kernel-patch-powerpc-2.4.27 upload, which will
> > obsolet the -apus kernels, and will thus need NEW processing, and the
> > kernel-image-latest packages which is now in NEW for almost two month, and i
> > got indirect info that i need to make a new upload of it or something.
>
> That sounds like an issue that needs some discussion,
> I take it that is what the recent discussions on
> debian-kernel/debian-boot about powerpc-2.4.27.
> Is this correct?

Indeed. I uploaded the .udebs for d-i which are based on those, and which
didn't need NEW. As joeyh and vorlon mentioned, these .udebs are now in
unstable, but not the accompanying source they are built upon, which is a
violation of the GPL as long as 2.4.27-3 remains in NEW, i think. Not all that
important, but i hope that we can sort this technically in the future.