Re: Is tg3 broken in kernel-image-2.6-686-smp?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 09:54:31AM +0100, Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
> I'd like to upgrade my kernel to kernel-image-2.6-686-smp for my Debian testing.
>
> But I have been told that the tg3 driver is broken.
>
> Do you know if it is fixed?

Broken is in the eye of the beholder.

Some firmware was removed a while back to make the driver DSFG free.
This breaks the driver for some cards. But I think the general
consensus is that we can't fix this. Well not without some serious
re-engineering of the driver.

I am not aware of any other tg3 issues in 2.6.8-13, the current
Debian version. Do you have a specific
bug you are concerned about? Links to the LKML, Debian BTS or
other sources would be of great use.

--
Horms