Re: base: de4x5.ko generates endless loop of errors with phobos p430tx

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 06:21:24PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> reassign 294867 kernel-image-2.6.8-i386
> thanks
> If a driver hangs the system when loaded, it is a good hint of a kernel
> bug.

I think de4x5 should be a driver of last resort.  Tulip should always
be preferred to drive a given piece of hardware.  I wouldn't shed any
tears if we stopped shipping de4x5 by default -- it's caused no end of
problems on parisc and ia64.