Re: kernel abiname transition and security updates status

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 04:05:41PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> powerpc
>   	No abiname. 2.4 not updated. 2.6 updated, debs in testing;
> 	udebs updated.
>
>  	[If powerpc 2.4 is not updated with the security fixes soon, I
>  	will probably not let it block a d-i rc3 release.]

Oh well, whatever is going to be decided now. I hear that we may go with
2.6.10, and that i should prepare 2.6.10 packages asap, and then finally not
once i am done with it.

If we could drop 2.4 kernels on powerpc, i would be happy, but i fear we
cannot do that, i will do new powerpc 2.4 kernels nextly.

What exactly is the timeframe for rc3 anyway ?