Re: SONAME bumping and d-i

Joey Hess wrote:
> b. If the SONAME is increased and the ABI changes reverted for -1:

For some reason I based this on the mistaken assumption of -1 packages
staying in the archive after -2 entered it. Updated version for -1 going
away semi-immediatly:

      - All rc2 images will keep working until the udebs from the -1
        kernels are removed from sarge, when the netboot and floppy images
	will break.
      - We'll need to build new udebs based on the -2 kernels.
      - At the moment I think that d-i/anna will do the right thing WRT
        using the -2 udebs if the -2 kernel is running. However we've
        never been in this situation before, so something could fail.
      - Changes will be needed in rootskel to install the -2 kernel
        images. Some arches may also need base-installer changes.

--
see shy jo