error in apt-get upgrade process

Why is apt-get -f u upgrade asking me now to upgrade to kernel-image-2.4.27-1-k7?

This box is on unstable * kernel-image-2.6.9-1-k7.

Several times over the past several weeks already upgraded kernel-images have been upgraded to the SAME image.

During those "upgrades" the "initrd.img" link has been invariably removed with nothing left in place. A new link had to be created manually for the lilo boot process to work. Fun for an ancient "FORTUNE SYSTEMS" and "ALTOS" "AT&T UNIX" tech support guy, but time consuming.

I have done an apt-get check, clean, autoclean followed by update then upgrade, same result.

Thanks,

Norm Rosen
nhrosen@mail.com

apt-get -f -u upgrade     this time produced:

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
base-config base-passwd kernel-image-2.4.27-1-k7 libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-dev
 libpng10-0 libpng12-0 libpng12-dev libpng2 libpng3 libwine libwine-dev
 libwine-print libwine-twain mysql-admin mysql-admin-common
mysql-query-browser mysql-query-browser-common whois wine wine-doc wine-utils
22 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
35 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 32.2MB of archives.
After unpacking 3635kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]