Re: Sarge today kernel 2.6.8-1-686 (2.6.8-10) missing initrd.img

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:04:52PM -0500, Michael Lueck wrote:
> I have a Sarge install I have been keeping updated as the release draws
> closer. Today the kernel 2.6.8-1-686 (2.6.8-10) downloaded, along with LILO
> and some misc other things. During the install it said it was removing
> /initrd.img and lilo.conf might need to be updated. Lilo tried to configure
> itself since it was updated, and puked as indeed /initrd.img is missing.

A lot of people have mentioned this. I didn't see it myself as
I neither use /initrd.img nor lilo. But obviously it is a problem
that needs to be resolved.

Did the install create an initrd imate in / or /boot ?
If so can you symlink to it and use that?

--
Horms