Re: ia64 added to svn

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 05:11:24PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther writes:
>
> > I am preparing a powerpc upload
>
> Please don't.  What you put into debian/rules only looks like an ugly

Then speak to me about it.

> kludge, but in fact could be hazardous for a security upgrade.  Also,

It is the way it used to work in 2.4 kernels, and was even documented in the
kernel-source packages.

And, do you have any other solution for not getting the powerpc package to
break once kernel-source-2.6.7-4 is uploaded ?

> you put the wrong maintainer address into the control file.  I've
> fixed those two and am currently preparing a package.

Huh ? I just added myself as uploader,

> > since Jens doesn't seem reactive right now.
>
> I'm just not willing to discuss your pipedreams to death.  An email
> asking me to do the build and upload would have been enough.

Thanks all the same for team work. Do you really think we can continue to work
like that ?

You didn't even check in your above mentioned changes into svn, which is
counterproductive.

And you are also actively opposing a 2.6 based miboot using debian-installer,
which means we will be saddled with 2.4 kernels for oldworld miboot install,
which i really wanted to avoid.