Re: kernel-patch-amd64

Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:32:55PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Its also quite off the mark for amd64. The last kerel version had a 0 Byte
>> patch for amd64 and only the current one has some patches in there to
>> fix recent bugs.
>
> So what exact problems does the patch you propose solve?  Which systems
> don't boot/corrupt data/start nuclear wars without it?   Do you
> understand what exactly the patch does?

You have to ask Frederik about the exact contents of his last
upload. Personally I haven't kept a close eye on what he put into the
2.6.7 patch but there was only talk about a handfull of patches
special to 2.6.7 for amd64 and there were no patches before that.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: Is there a simple patch system to manage the patchlets of an -arch
patch that everyone should use? Something that makes it easy to get
them applied, unaplied, edited and so on.