Re: Sarge today kernel 2.6.8-1-686 (2.6.8-10) missing initrd.img

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:09:02 +0900, Horms wrote:

>Did the install create an initrd imate in / or /boot ?
>If so can you symlink to it and use that?

initrd.img-2.6.8-1-686 was in /boot so I made a sym of /initrd.img to
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-686 and lilo was able to reconfigure.

I use the XFS filesystem and the installer warns of using GRUB with XFS, so for
now I use LILO.

This was a good reminder for me of why in proper Electronic Software
Distribution systems though uninstall scripts are cached on the remote node, a
sync should be done prior to uninstall to see that the most current uninstall
script is being utilized. Then, if it has been a long time since the last
distribution and the package has been purged from the source, the cached
version may be used. It is too bad you must wait it out for build 11 of this
kernel.

Thanks!

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems