Re: creating kernel udebs from kernel-source

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 06:23:32PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> - Having all kernel-images generated from k-s is a goal; I realize it's
> not immediately obtainable, given the current state of some of the kernel
> archs.

While hppa is improving...

	3.4M off 2.4.27
	fuzzy 636K off 2.6.9

> - I'm not forcing this upon anyone; port maintainers can maintain images
> however they see fit, because no one has any intentions of stepping in if
> they throw their hands up and quit.  However, I do believe this will make
> everyones lives easier.  k-s contains split up patches (in many cases w/
> bk changeset references and other such comments) that make forward porting
> to new kernels much easier.

I've no objection to working (it would be more work) out of the
kernel-source tree. hppa's diff to the non-arch code are not
particularly intrusive, if I remember correctly (and at a cursory glance
of lsdiff).

Cheers,
	Kyle