Re: 2.4.x headers missing stuff?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 06:06:26PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Shouldn't kernel-headers-2.4.* include an arch directory?
>
> dilinger@spiral:/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.27-1-686$ grep "arch/" Makefile  |head -1
> include arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile
>
> 2.6.* kernel headers include this directory.  Is there a reason why 2.4
> doesn't need it, or was it overlooked?
>
> (The reason I ask is, I have a kernel module package that builds using the
> Makefile in the kernel-headers directory.  Since the above file doesn't
> exist, the build fails)

Andres, that has been resolved in SVN as part of the bug fix for
#273878.  I believe that the fix for kernel-package has been inculded in
a kernel-package 8.105. However there has not been a release of
kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 that includes this change.

Joshk, I am happy with the current state of both kernel-source-2.4.27
and kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 and would not be opposed to making a new
release as there are several bug fixes pending. However I am not sure if
any of the changes warrant an upload this late in the sarge game. Do you
have any thoughts. Andres tells me that this problem is standing in the
way of a fresh upload of hostap-driver (not sure if that is the exact
package name).

--
Horms