Re: CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_IOMAPPED

Hi,

Matthew Wilcox writes:

> As upstream maintainer, I'd like more information about it please ...

>  - How does it "not work properly"?  Does it hang on first access to
>    the chip, or does it suffer data corruption?

It outputs a "can't map PCI MMIO region" and does nothing at all.

>  - Are the io memory resources on this Thinkpad properly programmed?

Most likely they aren't.  Any idea how I could find out?

>  - What kernel were you trying, 2.4 or 2.6?

I was using the official Debian kernel, version 2.6.8, from the
installation CD, built with:

CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_2=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_DMA_ADDRESSING_MODE=1
CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_DEFAULT_TAGS=16
CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_MAX_TAGS=64
# CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_IOMAPPED is not set

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!