Re: m68k 2.6 kernels and the debian-kernel subversion repo ...

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:37:19PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

It has recently been brought to our attention that you are offering software
for download... is this the RIAA talking to me?

> It has recently been brought to our attention that you have 2.6 kernels
> available at :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/

Is this a crime? Abuse of debian resources?

> But not yet in the official archives, nor do you seem to be part of the
> debian-kernel team, nor are you using the kernel subversion repo on alioth to
> hold your m68k kernels.
>
> This mail is thus an invitation to you to join the debian-kernel team, and to
> add your 2.6 m68k kernels to the alioth subversion repo, if you would like
> that.

Oh, I thought I was, at least I added myself to the wiki page some time ago.
Now I have to sign up on another page? Do you need my bankaccount, PIN and
TAN for that?

Sorry, I am not an svn user, I am not sure if I could make use of that. But
if you officially want to ad me to the kernel team, go ahead, you are the
project manager.

The 2.6.x images for m68k are going through heavy testing currently. That I
have a bunch of images there does not mean they are working or even have
been tested on all 10 (or is it 12 already?) subarches. This weekend I hope
to be able to assemble my Atari so I can, in theory, do tests on the three
major subarches myself. As soon as I am convinced that 2.6 images are
useable on at least one subarch, I will upload patch and image packages to
the archive. Right now there is still too much change going on, too little
working.

Now if you can convince me to use svn for creating my kernel patches. What
benefit do I have over syncing with linux-m68k CVS?

Christian