Re: kernel-image 2.4 i386 update

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 03:55:39PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

[snip]

> > * kernel-latest-2.4-i386
> >   - This is a NEW package that provides the meta packages that were
> >     previously provided by kernel-image-2.4.26-i386 and are currently
> >     provided by kernel-image-2.4.27-i386. The plan is for them to be
> >     removed from kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 and only provided by this
> >     new meta package. This package will need to be updated if
> >     a flavour is added or removed or when a kernel-image for
> >     a new upstream is uploaded. I have made this package achitecture
> >     specific as it is primarily concerened with flavours which
> >     are clearly architecture specific.
> >   - This is now in SVN under trunk/kernel-2.4/i386
> >   - For reference packages can be found in
> >     http://debian.vergenet.net/pending/
> >   - These have _not_ been uploaded to d.o
> >
> > I would like to upload kernel-latest-2.4-i386 to d.o shortly.  If there
> > are any objections now would be a most excellent time to make them.
> >
> > For reference, the following parties were involved in the discussion
> > of the creation of kernel-latest-2.4-i386: Joshua Kwan, Dann Frazier,
> > Sven Luther and myself.
>
> BTW, the idea i had was to have one source package for all arches for those,
> but maybe this is more work.

Yes. However I do think it is more work. As in a nutshell all the
meta source package contains is a list of flavours. These are clearly
architecture specific. So although they usually don't change much,
it seems like it would be more work to try and cobine all the flavours
for all the architectures into a single package.

That said, I am comfortable with a single package for all architectures
if that is what other people want.

--
Horms