Re: New kernel-source-2.6.7 upload ?

Hi,

Christian T. Steigies writes:

> So when I want to create an updated patch, I need a tree with the
> first patch applied, a tree with the second patch applied, plus an
> upstream tree and a linux-CVS tree where I get my m68k patches from,
> all unpacked?

This whole thread only deals with handling the patches that go into
the kernel-source package itself.  For creating kernel-patch-m68k
packages, you can basically do whatever you like.

> I just managed to build all seven 2.4.26 images from one source
> package, I guess every arch maintainer has to design his own system
> for that, or do we have a best practices document somewhere?

I think the only "best practice" right now is to depend on
kernel-tree, and use kernel-package as much as possible.  If you are
interested in seeing how others do it, you can read the debian/rules
files of the various kernel-image packages.  Most of them are already
available in svn.

> now all kernel images for all arches should be built from one source
> package?

No.

> Thats why I'd like to keep a kernel-patch-m68k package around,

That's perfect.  Depend on kernel-tree, read its changelog when an
update comes in, then see for yourself whether you need to rebuild.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!