Re: 2.6.8 release

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:16:34AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Planning to violate the release schedule is not encouraged.

> No, but let's be realist. The woody release schedule was also announced in a
> hurry (of the no info for month, and then we freeze tomorrow), and then we
> waited almost three month without news for the security infrastructure.

Given that the security infrastructure has now been implemented, I fail
to see the comparison here.  It is always possible that unforeseen
problems will delay the release -- but unforeseen problems from one
release are by no means a predictor for future releases.

> Also, reading the mail announcing a freeze on august 2 today is not exactly
> helpfull, is it ? If it would have been a week or two delay between the base
> freeze and the rest of the freeze, then ok, but 2 days ?

I wonder if you haven't misread the email.  The time between the base
freeze and the freeze of the rest of the archive is 22 days.  What's
freezing on August 2 is base; this part of the freeze has been pushed
back to allow further pending RC bugfixes in.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer