Re: hppa 2.6 kernel-images

On 7/29/2004, "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@lst.de> wrote:

>> One question, would it be better to, instead of naming the flavours "32"
>> and "64", to name them "hppa" and "hppa64"? This would be in-line with
>> the naming of kernel-patch-N-hppa.
>
>Given all the comments we had on image naming that latter seem
>preferable.

I'm quite unclear with that issue.

Do we want to rename -hppa and -hppa64 because the patch is named -hppa ?

In that case, i would go for -hppa-32 and -hppa-64, since the former
scheme would lead users to look for a -hppa64 patch which doesn't
exist...

That would also keep consistency with potential other flavours we might
put together from the same -hppa kernel patch (-hppa-B180, -hppa-A500
comes to mind...)

HTH