Re: ia64 added to svn

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:16:36PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org> [2004-07-20 12:17]:
> > and myself are here; not sure about any other Debian kernel types.
> > What exactly do we want a policy on?  Determining who should have
> > commit access to the kernel SVN repository?
>
> Who should have SVN access, how patch reviews are being done.  I'd
> also like to see a policy clearly describing which kind of patches are
> suitable for the Debian tree.

I would say the following :

Apart from the current team, we need at least one person from each port (even
controversial port like amd64 seems to be) to have SVN access. SVN makes it
easy enough to roll out changes, and know who did do them, so this is no major
problem. Also, i guess it is not possible to regulate who has access to which
SVN area, so there is not much we can do, but we could use an rule of thumb
that those port maintainers should limit themselves to the part of the repo
relative to that port.

Now, there should be a better upload procedure, which would then include from
the uploader, if not the diff from the previous upload, at least an
examination of each individual log entries.