Attached: Changed mkinitrd to get it to work with module-init-tools_3.1-pre5-1_i386.deb

Hi,
as `apt-cache show initrd-tools` shows me Herbert Xu
<herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> as maintainer of this package. But he asked me
to send my patch to this email adress. So I hope the information reaches the
appropriate people.

The current module-init-tools from the testing and unstable line erase the
files:
+ /etc/modprobe.conf
+ /lib/modules/modprobe.conf

As I had some problems with getting my initrd to build properly, I researched
a lot for this topic.
The changelog and some emails around this problem ( google ) were about
problems in the combination of these two debian-package versions.

I changed mkinitrd so that it loads all files of /etc/modprobe.d ( with find )
into initrd. I inserted a check for existance of the optional files, so that
no nagging warning is written on run of mkinitrd.

The base version of initrd-tools is ( output of `apt-show-versions
initrd-tools` )
initrd-tools/unstable uptodate 0.1.71

Please do whatever is suitable with this changed script.

Bye,
Achim