Re: Marvell Discovery II Ethernet driver

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 03:10:36PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 03:09:09PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ah, thanks for mentioning it, i will forward this info to Nicolas DET,
> > but he will probably not have time to review this before next week, nor
> > will i. The included driver has some improvement to make use of the
> > northbridge builtin SRAM to improve speed, do you know if the version in
> > the -mm tree do so also ?
>
> I don't know.  I just know it'll be in 2.6.8 and you'd be much better
> off cooperatiing with the mips folks instead of doing your own hacks.

Christoph, i know you did the porting of this driver to powerpc, and
added the modularization of it. Could you please send it to me (or
better yet, add it to the subversion repo in a "not-yet-applied patches"
part of it) so i can test it here ?

If you did so, then i must be blind or something, but i don't think it
is, and what good is the new supposedly improved driver over the patch
that we had, if it solely reside on your harddisk ?