Re: ASFS fs-patch, new version: 1.0beta7

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 06:02:20PM +0200, Marek Szyprowski wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
>
> > > I've prepared a new version of my ASFS driver.  Old 1.0beta4 or even
> > > 1.0beta3 I found in kernel-patch packages should be replaced by the
> > > new one as soon as possible
> >
> > Thanks for letting us know.  The latest version of the Debian kernel
> > packages use 1.0beta6, how about that?
>
> It should work fine in most cases. Differences between 1.0beta6
> and 1.0beta7 are a bit cosmetic. I mainly cleaned the code acording to
> Christoph Hellwig's advices.

So probably the patch in the current kernel-source should be replaced
with beta7, since what we want is to be as close to upstream as
possible. That said, it is maybe not necessary to do a new upload
immediately because of that, i would do a replacement of the patch in
svn, and then once a new release is due, it will have the latest version
of the asfs patch.

Marek, you could even subscribe to alioth, and handle yourself that
patch or something such, not that this is really necessary.