Re: PReP support

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 05:10:28PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther writes:
>
> > Did you already work on the mkvmlinuz support ?
>
> No.

Ok. BTW, could you add a mkvmlinuz calling script to the next version of
mkvmlinuz ? Something like :

    #!/bin/sh
    mkvmlinuz -k $2 -o /boot/vmlinuz-$1

Should do just fine.

> > If not, i will start on that right now, and you can merge this stuff
> > once i commit it.
>
> Thanks.  But mkvmlinuz is not in the svn repository, so just send me
> the patches.

Why not add it ? in utils/mkvmlinuz would be a good place for it,
together with initrd-tools and module-init-tools and other stuff.

> > BTW, you also need to add the needed stuff to the files included in the
> > kernel-image, right ?
>
> Correct.  That's what makes it a bit complicated, and so I would like
> hardware to test it.

Well, most of the problems will occure at link time, and if we provide
something, it makes it easier for third party people to test it. I will
see what i can do.