Re: Add back beep support to snd-powermac]

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 03:29:13PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Can find anything bogus with it, although it doesn't speak for ALSA that
> > it's about 10times as much code as the beep support I added to the
> > dmasound driver.  But as Jens said please get it included upstream
> > first.  If it's accepted we can still backport it into 2.6.7-based
> > packages.
>
> Christoph, i am not really sure i care all that much for this "please
> let's it included upstream first" philosophy. It let the control over
> what we will have or not in the debian kernel totally out of our hand,
> which is not something i am 100% confortable with.

We don't give it 100% out of hand.  We can still decide what to take and
what not.  But I'm very much against patches where the authors haven't
even bothered to post them upstream because that will lead to a huge
amount of patches we'll have to carry along.