Re: Marvell Discovery II Ethernet driver

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:48:42PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:43:06PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> > > i added [..] the marvell driver to the svn repo,
> >
> > Time for a subject change.  We are talking about the following patch:
> >
> > <URL:http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~jens/kernel-patch-powe
> > rpc/kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7-2.6.7/patches/marvell-gigabit.diff>
> >
> > Could someone please take a look at this driver and tell me where it
> > belongs?  I have the feeling that it is out of place in the PowerPC
> > patch, but who am I to tell.
>
> On the junkjard.  Andrew Morton's -mm tree has a much better driver for
> the same hardware (and it's about a third the size)

Ah, thanks for mentioning it, i will forward this info to Nicolas DET,
but he will probably not have time to review this before next week, nor
will i. The included driver has some improvement to make use of the
northbridge builtin SRAM to improve speed, do you know if the version in
the -mm tree do so also ?