Re: Marvell Discovery II Ethernet driver

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:43:06PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther writes:
>
> > i added [..] the marvell driver to the svn repo,
>
> Time for a subject change.  We are talking about the following patch:
>
> <URL:http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~jens/kernel-patch-powe
> rpc/kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.7-2.6.7/patches/marvell-gigabit.diff>
>
> Could someone please take a look at this driver and tell me where it
> belongs?  I have the feeling that it is out of place in the PowerPC
> patch, but who am I to tell.

Like said, they are modification of the 2.4 driver found in the 2.4
kernel. They include some powerpc asm stuff, which would probably break
right now on the mips based discovery II boards, altough i believe that
those are not widely available or even not available outside of a few
sample or reference boards, so let's keep this in the powerpc patch for
now, as the added testing this will allow us, as well as fixing
discovery & co to know about them, is a good thing. We will try to push
this driver in directly upstream, but it needs review from the ethernet
driver people, and some cleanup for this to happen yet.

> Also, Sven, if you have to add new drivers, please make sure they
> don't break the package.

Sorry about that, i forgot to checkin the config fix.