Re: Debian kernel: various issues to discuss

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 01:19:49AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:52:56 +0200, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > Well, until you count the many not documented subtilities, and the
>
> 	I use arch daily for my Debian work, and I am not sure what
>  you are talking about.

I don't remember exactly, it was a few month back, but the difficulties
are in creating the initial archive, and making sure you have it use the
right way of doing it, don't remember exactly. I remember following the
tutorial, and it suddenly starting to die in a strange way, and being
told you have to edit {ARCH}/... or whatever and change this keyword to
that, and then it would work.

> > fact that the arch people claim that the tutorial is mostly
> > outdated.
>
> 	Well, yes, and no. The tutorial is still uptodate enough to
>  get one started, and then one looks at the built in help of the
>  command in question; if there is a difference, the command's built in
>  help is canonical.

Well, didn't help.

But again, feel free to setup the initial arch repository, and give some
easy instructions on how to use it for us non-arch familiar people.
Until you or someone else does that, i will setup a subversion repo, in
order to get things going, it will be good enough for now, and can
always be changed later. I made the mistake of trying to get a arch repo
setup for parted, and never really managed to do it, so a more or less
now is better than a best never (or however you say that in english).

Well, subversion repo still needs alioth admin action though, so ...