Re: How long is it acceptable to leave *undistributable* files in the kernel package?

#include <hallo.h>
* Joe Wreschnig [Tue, Jun 15 2004, 09:01:52PM]:

> > So, problem resolved.  No need to remove anything.
>
> At best that solves a third of the problem. What about all the other
> copyright holders of the kernel, have they agreed to link with the
> non-GPLd code? (Before someone tells me kernel developers don't care, or
> "this isn't linking", [0]) And once the copyright issue is dealt with,
> there's still the issue of meeting the DFSG.

What exactly are you trying to proove with the mentioned link? The same
guesses about guesses about assumptions about expectations as we have on
debian-devel with some confused GPL fans (trying to construct a
DSFG-violation case for free GPLed data files).

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ich denke, also verschwind ich.