about New Linux Kernel Crash-Exploit issue

Hi,

 (Probably Debian kernel people know about this issue, but I cannot
  find any discuss, so just FYI.)

 New Linux Kernel Crash-Exploit discovered
  http://linuxreviews.org/news/2004-06-11_kernel_crash/index.html
  http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/14/118209.shtml?tid=106&tid=126&tid=128&tid=185&tid=190

 and ... this affects almost ALL kernel flavors.
 The latest snapshot for the 2.6.x Linux kernel 2.6.7-rc3-bk6 was
 fixed. 2.4 is not yet, but there are patches for 2.4.2x.

 Are kenrel package maintainers (or security team) working for
 this now?

 # I'm not on this list, so please CC to me.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane    mailto:henrich @ samba.gr.jp/iijmio-mail.jp