Re: http://debian.linuxwiki.de/DebianKernel_2fPlan

* dann frazier (dannf@dannf.org) [040602 17:55]:
> From my conversations with Joey, the problem with today's scheme is that they can't
> just patch one source tree & do rebuilds, since everyone is on different kernel revisions
> and some (ia64 in woody, for example), don't even use a kernel-source package.
> Whether they're transporting a single kernel-source package between arches during
> this period or rebuilding kernel-image packages doesn't sound like the time critical issue.

Well, as we all know, the release of sarge is rather soon. Therefore,
I think it would be a good idea to go now for the "everyone uses the
same kernel-source-package and arch-specific patches". This has the
advantages that it is not so difficult to reach from current state,
and that we get the experience to know whether it's worth to go to a
unified kernel source package after release of sarge or not.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/