kernel-image 2.6.5 and tg3 Network card Poweredge 1750

hi

I experienced some crashes under kernel-image-2.6.3 on a Poweredge 1750 so i wanted to upgrade the kernel to it's latest version.
So i did apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.5-1-686-smp
Unfortunately the presence of binary firmware in the tg3 driver caused the debian team to remove this driver from theyr kernel.

Now i'd like to build my own kernel-image.deb using make-kpkg.

The point is that if I use the debian distribution of kernel-source,
or if I apply debian-patch the the official kernel 2.6.5 distribution
there is no tg3 driver anymore and if I only use the official kernel source distribution, the kernel will not load it's initrd properly due to the lach of the cramfs initrd patch.

any idea or help to get a runnig 2.6.5 kernel-image debian package on those machine would be apreciated.

Jean-Marc