Re: Problems building VMWare modules for debian 2.6.3 kernel

>> Platform: Intel Pentium M (Dell Latitude D600),
>> 	     debian sarge (testing/unstable),
>> 	     VMware-workstation-4.5.1-7568,
>> 	     kernel-image-2.6.3-1-686 2.6.3-2
>> 	     kernel-headers-2.6.3-1 2.6.3-2
>> 	     kernel-headers-2.6.3-1-686 2.6.3-2
>> 	     libc6 2.3.2.ds1-11
>> 	     libc6-dev 2.3.2.ds1-11
>> 	     gcc 3.3.3-2

>> I tried installing VMware 4.5.1 on my debian sarge (testing/unstable)
>> system.  The system is a laptop with a 2.6.3 kernel installed from a
>> debian package.

>> The installation failed with trying to compile the modules. [snip!]

I upgraded to the 2.6.4 kernel, which was the newest kernel currently
in unstable on the Norway debian mirror, and then the installation
worked.  Specifically, I now have the following packages installed:
	  kernel-headers-2.6.4-1 2.6.4-1
	  kernel-headers-2.6.4-1-6 2.6.4-1
	  kernel-image-2.6.4-1-686 2.6.4-1
	  kernel-kbuild-2.6-1 2.6.4-1

(As a side note: VMWare installed without a hitch with the 2.4.25
kernel and kernel headers, currently in testing.  But I can't use that
kernel since the ACPI support in this kernel doesn't work for me, and
I worry about laptop meltdown as a result.)