Re: hoe do I use spectacle screen recording?

Spectacle is supposed to be able to do it. It's been a feature for about a year now. I thought it should "just work" but apparently not. I'm not looking for other solutions right now, but thanks for the suggestion.

On 2024-05-26 17:53, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
I think you want to install simplescreenrecorder.

I've never knew spectacle to be able to do that.

Il giorno dom 26 mag 2024 alle ore 23:18 Gary Dale
<gary@extremeground.com> ha scritto:
I've just switched into a Plasma/Wayland session on my Debian/Trixie
AMD64 system so I could try out screen recording with Spectacle. However
I can't figure out how to get it to work. I switch to the "recording:
tab, and select the video format, but then what? I can select
"workspace", "selected screen" or "selected window" , after which
clicking somewhere starts recording but the "Finish recording" button
seems to react but actually does nothing. The recording timer keeps
incrementing and I can't seem to save the recording.

Am I missing something or is the screen recording facility simply not
working currently?